Welcome to the home of the Wakehurst Redbacks Cricket Club.
We are a local Cricket Club based on Sydney’s Northern Beaches playing in the Manly-Warringah Cricket Association (Seniors), the Manly-Warringah Junior Cricket Association (Juniors) and the Sydney Sixers Girls Cricket League, as well as hosting Cricket NSW’s Cricket Blast program. We have a proud history and around 500 players across all age groups and skill levels. Our players come from many suburbs, including: Frenchs Forest, Davidson, Belrose, Terrey Hills, Forestville, Oxford Falls and Allambie Heights.
Saturday 16 October 2021 – Lionel Watts Nets
9:00-10:45 Under 12 Boys
11:15-12:15 Under 11 Boys
12:30-13:30 Under 10 Boys
Friday 22 October 2021 – Lionel Watts Nets
16:00-17:45 Under 13 Boys
Saturday 23 October 2021 – Lionel Watts Nets
9:00-10:45 Under 14 Boys
Grading sessions are not required for the Under 15 and Under 16 boys teams.
FREE Pre-Season Girls Cricket Clinics
with Beaches Cricket Coaching
Saturday 23rd & 30th October 2021
Meet at Lionel Watts cricket nets
Join us for a great opportunity to start the cricket season. Whether you’ve played before or you want to try cricket for the first time, our FREE clinics will provide you with some hints, tips and lots of FUN.
Saskia Horley (ex-Sydney Thunder) and Mikaela Turik (ex-Canada Captain and 2020/21 Manly 2nd Grade Captain) will lead the girls in a session of skills and fun aimed at their specific age and stage. Sessions are 1 -2 hours long.
Groups are available across both Saturdays for:
Girls aged 6-9 (Master Blaster)
Girls aged 9-11 (u11)
Girls aged 11-13 (u13)
Girls aged 13-15 (u15)
GREAT PRIZES ON OFFER FOR PARTICIPANTS.
Note: times vary across the 2 Saturdays
Enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are pleased that cricket training is about to commence and wish to remind you of protocols that are necessary for community sport to resume in a COVID safe and compliant manner.
- Please avoid travelling via Public Transport where possible.
- Please bring your own personal equipment wherever possible to minimise equipment sharing. Please bring your own drink bottle(s).
- Please come to training dressed ready to train and leave your personal equipment at least 1.5m away from anyone else’s.
- Please check-in before, and check-out after, any cricket activity using the QR codes provided at the ground/training nets. Seek out an alternative check-in method if you are unable to use the QR Code.
- Please sanitise your hands before and after any cricket activity, and during breaks in the activity where possible.
- Please maintain social distance of 1.5m from other participants wherever possible and minimise the number of people using any particular cricket net to five (5) people at a time.
- We request that you adopt the mantra of “Get In. Train. Get Out.” and minimise any unnecessary mingling in carparks and other areas. We will schedule time in between different training groups wherever possible to assist with this.
Please read the Cricket NSW Match Day and Training Participant Checklist and the Cricket NSW Return to Training Guidelines.
Cricket NSW are delivering FREE Webinars for the Parent, new Coach or relatively new Junior Cricket Club Coach.
The one-hour Webinar will be delivered on multiple nights during October and November.