Welcome to the home of the Wakehurst Redbacks Cricket Club.
We are a local Cricket Club based on Sydney’s Northern Beaches playing in the Manly-Warringah Cricket Association (Seniors), the Manly-Warringah Junior Cricket Association (Juniors) and the Sydney Sixers Girls Cricket League, as well as hosting Cricket NSW’s Cricket Blast program. We have a proud history and around 500 players across all age groups and skill levels. Our players come from many suburbs, including: Frenchs Forest, Davidson, Belrose, Terry Hills, Forestville, Oxford Falls and Allambie Heights.
- Wakehurst Redbacks is a community cricket club for the enjoyment, participation and development of players of all ages and abilities. The club plays in the MWJCA competitions that usually consist of two divisions.
- It is important that players play in the correct division to ensure that everyone gets opportunities to develop and enjoy playing cricket and that stronger players are challenged in a competitive environment.
- Prior to the season commencing the club holds grading sessions which along with MyCricket statistics and coaches’ feedback are used to allocate players to divisions.
- All Wakehurst teams are selected to be competitive in their division and where possible to have boys/girls playing with friends/schoolmates. Wakehurst teams are not graded within the club e.g. Team A/B.
- Where possible any MWJCA representative players are distributed across teams with the age group. This ensures that these players are challenged by playing against each other.
|Age Group||Age Co-Ordinator||Date||Time|
|U10 Boys||Paul Burrowsemail@example.com||Sat 12-Sep-20||1.00-2.45|
|U11 Boys||Dave Huntfirstname.lastname@example.org||Sun 20-Sep-20||1.00-2.45|
|U12 Boys||Madhura Bhagwatemail@example.com||Sat 19-Sep-20||3.00-4.45|
|U13 Boys||Kevin Wesonfirstname.lastname@example.org||Sun 13-Sep-20||3.00-4.45|
|U14 Boys||Chris Melvilleemail@example.com||Sun 20-Sep-20||3.00-4.45|
|U15 Boys||Laurie Zanellafirstname.lastname@example.org||Sat 12-Sep-20||3.00-4.45|
|U16 Boys||Deanne Huttemail@example.com||Not required|
Good Morning WRCC Community,
Below are the steps to register for the upcoming ‘community (level 1) coaching course’ on the Northern Beaches.
Register for a CA coach ID number on the website https://www.community.cricket.com.au/coach/courses (register button is on the right hand side of the screen)
Complete the necessary steps.
When finished, copy the ‘CA Coach ID number’ from the confirmation email you receive (you will need it to complete Q5 in the registration form below).
Click on the link to complete the registration form https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=zFV0OP3DG0OlpOVhR8Lp26m4AwLL_N1Bi82nqfmcDVlURU0yWkhZR1o4RktFVzlPQlJNTTZPT1pYRy4u
Details for the course on the Northern Beaches are;
Date: Sunday 13th September 2020
Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Venue: Nolan’s Reserve: 8 Riverview Parade, North Manly NSW 2100
Before registering, please ensure you comply with the following requirements:
Are older than the minimum age – 14 years.
DO NOT register for the course if you live outside the Northern Beaches area.
Participants MUST register for the course prior to attending on the day. We will be turning people away on the day who haven’t registered.
Coaches that register for the course will be contacted prior with an outline of the COVID protocols that will need to be adhered to on the day.
Come along this Sunday and help Wakehurst Redback Support an amazing cause. The past 2 games have been a blast with some amazing performances…..and some not so amazing performances.
Please get as many people to come along as you can.
The KM Classic Charity Cricket Game is an event that is currently in its 3rd year and is played in memory of Kian Mantle and aims to raise money for brain cancer research.
Kian tragically passed away from brain cancer at the age of 20 after a hard fought battle with the disease. To date the KM Classic Charity Cricket Game has raised $23,000 for the Brain Cancer Group in North Sydney who have been able to use that money to buy state of the art lab equipment to further study and understand brain cancer and investigate possible ways to treat it.
The charity game is being played on the Sunday, 23rd of February at 1.30pm
The amazing Manly Oval, Many Sydney is the venue.
If you would like to donate, please follow the link:
And for more information on the event, please check out their facebook page.
Lets all get together to support and amazing cause again.
On the 25th of January, Wakehurst Redbacks Cricket Club will be hosting an exhibition T20 cricket match to raise money for the devastating bushfires that have affected so many, all around Australia.
It will be a great day out with a sausage sizzle and drinks available at the ground so come down and enjoy an afternoon of cricket on Australia Day eve.
Monday 25th November & Monday 2nd December 2019
Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm (both nights)
Venue: Weldon Oval – Stirgess Avenue, Curl Curl
Ben Bryant CNSW is organising a pre-season Community Level 1 Coach Accreditation Course
which is coming up on the Northern Beaches, Saturday 7th September;
Date: Saturday 7th September 2019
Time: 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Venue: Weldon Oval: John Fisher Park, Curl Curl NSW 2096
Please distribute the invite amongst your Club, no cost involved.
Please find below the steps required to register for the community coaching course (level 1).
The process to register for the course has changed from previous years.
All participants now need to do the following:
- Register for a Cricket ID through – https://www.community.cricket.com.au/coach/courses (Register button is at the right of the screen. There are a few questions to answer through this process
- Once logged in, the participant needs to complete “INTRODUCTION TO CRICKET’. Click on the search button (top right hand corner) and type “introduction”
- After completing this online course, a certificate of completion will be issued. (This will take 24hrs to be issued)
- Once the certificate has been issued, the participant will then be able to enrol in the Level One Coaches Course. This is completing by logging into their coaches portal, click on the search button (top right hand corner) and type “Level 1”. A list of available courses will be shown. Select the course you wish to register for.
NOTE: You no longer have to complete the “Introduction to Cricket” before being able to register for the level 1 course. However, Ben would highly recommend trying to complete all the online modules in “Introduction to Cricket” before attending the course. You will not be issued a level 1 certificate until both “Introduction to Cricket” and the “Face to face – level 1 course” have been completed.
Attached are some documents that will provide further assistance to coaches registering for the first time.
Also note that the minimum age to partake in the course has been reduced to 14.
Should you have any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Ben Ben.Bryant@cricketnsw.com.au
MWJCA have a Stage 2 scoring information evening (covering Boys U12/U13 and Girls U13/U15) scheduled as follows:
Date: Wednesday 11th September 2019
Time: 7.30pm – 9pm
Location: St Augustine’s (enter Main Gate, Alfred Rd Brookvale)
Come along and learn about scoring using the Stage 2 Cricket Australia scorebook. Scoring symbols, umpire signals and and laws/rules will be covered. There will also be a briefing on entering match details into MyCricket
Season 2019/20 season scorebooks will be available for collection at the evening. A representative from each team in Stage 2 should attend to receive two competition points.
Please RSVP by Sunday 8th September to WRCC Secretary Bernadette Chang.